Power Plate Whole Body Vibration
Power Plate Whole Body Vibration (WBV) uses harmonic 3-Dimensional vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes to enhance recovery and preparation.
At Hobart Performance we have 2 Power Plates for use as part of our Self Treatments and each can be booked for 30 minutes via our online booking system. The cost per 30 minute treatment is $20.
The benefits of Power Plate WBV:
- Increased oxidation and blood flow to the targeted areas.
- Up regulation of your Lymphatic System.
- Stimulation of the nervous system and improved proprioception.
- Removal of metabolic waste.
- Improved strength and stamina.
- Increased bone and muscle density.
- Enhanced joint range of motion and tissue extensibility.
- Promotion of the release of recovery hormones.
How Power Plate WBV Works:
Power Plate is the leader in 3-Dimensional WBV. Unlike other vibration plates, Power Plate produces harmonic vibrations which are constant, orderly and stable in form, shape and speed. This precise quality is what makes Power Plate a powerful recovery and preparation tool.
The 2 Power Plates available have 4 settings which can produce a gravitational force on the body from 2 to 5 G-Factors. If you experience 30Hz for 30 seconds you will provoke 900 triplanar muscle actions and it’s these that force the body’s subconscious neuromuscular reflexes to engage, which then sets the foundation for the benefits listed above.
With the variation it is imperative that you know how to use the Power Plates effectively. Before you can book a Self Treatment on the Power Plate you need to first have completed a 45 minute Private Treatment with Chris to learn how to use the them. They are simple machines to operate but being empowered will get you the best recovery or preparation benefits.
Contraindications for using Power Plate WBV:
- Acute pulmonary oedema.
- Acute thrombophlebitis.
- Acute congestive cardiac failure.
- Acute infections.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) of pulmonary embolism (PE).
- Wounds, lesions, or tumours at or near the site of application.
- Conditions where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable.
- – Bone fractures or dislocations at or near the site of application.
If you want to know more and like a little scientific reading then you can review the extensive research articles on Power Plate at the following website.